The customer will be sent a message every 30 days to satisfy recharge criteria, if the customer meets the recharge criteria within that 30 days he\she will qualify for the data allocation or else the allocation for that period is forfeited.
When customers forfeit that month this does not extend the 12 months of the campaign.
1. The Vodacom Buy and Get value and get smartphone retail campaign (the “Promotion”) will run from 09h00 on 01 March 2019 until 17h00 on 31st March 2020 (both days inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
2. New and existing Vodacom prepaid customers (excluding Community Service and SIGI customers) can participate in the Promotion (the “Qualifying Vodacom Customers”).
a) Post-paid, Hybrid/Top-Up customers (both new and existing) are excluded from the Promotion.
3. Qualifying Vodacom customers purchasing a new and qualifying Vodacom issued device (the “Qualifying Device”), as per the below table, during the Promotion Period from a participating Vodacom Franchise or National Chain store (the “Participating Stores”) will be eligible to qualify for monthly data allocation, provided a Qualifying Vodacom Customer recharges with R12, 00 every 30 days, for a period of 12 months. The data allocation is determined by the Qualifying Device, as per the below table.qualifying Vodacom issued device (the “Qualifying Device”), as per the below table, during the Promotion Period from a participating Vodacom Franchise or National Chain store (the “Participating Stores”) will be eligible to qualify for monthly data allocation, provided a Qualifying Vodacom Customer recharges with R12, 00 every 30 days, for a period of 12 months. The data allocation is determined by the Qualifying Device, as per the below table.
4. Qualifying Vodacom customers will be eligible to qualify for the following benefit when participating in the Promotion:
a) A data bundle is valid for 7 (seven) days (the “ Data Bundle”) from up to 72 (seventy two) hours from the date of activation (there are recharge criteria);
b) The Data Bundle has a 12 month recurring cycle, i.e. customers will receive their data allocation once every month (to use the data for seven (7) days) and they will receive monthly allocations for twelve (12) months provided that a Qualifying Vodacom Customer recharges with R12,00 every 30 days;
c) The Data Bundle size is dependent on the Qualifying Device;
d) Customers need to opt into the Campaign on a monthly basis via USSD string *123*333# to retrieve the bundle (should they qualify);
e) Below are the Qualifying Devices, validity periods, and data bundle sizes applicable to each particular Qualifying Device:
|Device Name||Data allocation monthly|
|Vodacom Kicka 3||200MB|
|Vodacom Smart Kicka 4||250MB|
|Mobicel Pure Mini||250MB|
|Mobicel Ultra 3G||250MB|
|Techno POP 2 AIR 5″||350MB|
|Vodacom Smart E8||400MB|
|Mobicel Tango Lite||400MB|
|Micromax Canvas Fashion 3G||400MB|
|Nokia 1 Dark||600MB|
|Vodacom Smart 4G||650MB|
|Hisense U965 3G||650MB|
|Mobicel V2 LTE||650MB|
|Alcatel 1T 7 3G||650MB|
|Nokia 8110 4G||700MB|
|Galaxy A2 Core||800MB|
|Hisense F10 5″||800MB|
|Galaxy J2 Core||650MB|
|Hisense Infinity E6||700MB|
|Nokia 1 Plus||800MB|
|Huawei Y5 Lite||800MB|
|Hisense F22 5.5″ LTE||850MB|
|Huawei Y5 Prime 2018||950MB|
|Huawei T3 7″ TAB||950MB|
|Galaxy J4 Core||1.5GB|
|Huawei Y3 2018||650MB|
|Galaxy J1 Mini Prime||400MB|
|Galaxy J1 Ace Neo||700MB|
|Galaxy Grand Prime Plus||850MB|
|Galaxy Grand Prime Pro||1GB|
|Vodacom Smart Kicka VE||200MB|
|Vodacom Smart Turbo 7||450MB|
|Vodacom Aspire 5 LTE||500MB|
|Vodacom Aspire 5 LTE (NL)||500MB|
|Tecno Pop 2 X Aurora Blue LTE||650MB|
|Kicka 6 (NL)||400MB|
|Nokia 2.2||1.5 GB|
|Vodacom Smart Kicka 4 VE||200MB|
5. The Data Bundle offer will only be activated if the qualifying Vodacom customer exclusively uses the new or existing Vodacom Prepaid MSISDN (phone number) on the Qualifying Device purchased at a Participating Store.
6. The Data Bundle is valid for use within (seven) days from date of activation of the sim card in corresponding IMEI, which may take up to 72 (seventy two) hours. Data allocation for months 2 (two) to (12 (twelve) will be provided to customers in a 30 day cycle, and all such Data Bundles are also valid for use within (seven) days from date of activation of the respective bundle.
7. Data may not be transferred, furthermore, data may not roll over into the next month.
8. Data allocated does not apply to data roaming.
9. Data allocated will not carry a separate out of bundle rate and the standard out-of-bundle rate specific to the customer’s prepaid price plan will apply for any out-of-bundle usage. Customers will receive an SMS notification once their data bundle is allocated
10. The Promotion is only valid in Participating Stores during the Promotional Period.
11. The duration of the Promotion may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
12. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Promotion and/or the Terms and Conditions thereof, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Promotion, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from participation in the Promotion.
14. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Promotion or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Promotion being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
15. All information relating to the Promotion which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
16. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the standard Vodacom standard T&Cs.