The customer will be sent a message every 30 days to satisfy recharge criteria, if the customer meets the recharge criteria within that 30 days period he/she will qualify for the data allocation or else the allocation for that period is forfeited. At the first month of joining the promotion, customers must ensure to opt into the buy and get via USSD string.
When customers forfeit a month due to non-compliance of either opt-in/recharge criteria this does not extend the 12 months of the campaign.
1. The Vodacom Buy and Get value and get smartphone retail campaign (the “Promotion”) will run from 08h00 on 01 August 2020 until 17h00 on 31 March 2021 (both days inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
2. New and existing Vodacom prepaid customers (excluding Community Service and SIGI customers) can participate in the Promotion, excluding Post-paid and Hybrid/Top-Up customers (both new and existing) (the “Qualifying Vodacom Customers”).
3. Qualifying Vodacom customers purchasing a new and qualifying Vodacom issued device (the “Qualifying Device”), as per the below table in para 5(g), during the Promotion Period from a participating Vodacom Franchise or National Chain store (the “Participating Stores”), will be eligible to qualify for monthly data allocation, provided a Qualifying Vodacom Customer meets the following recharge criteria:
– For 3G devices, with R12, 00 every 30 days, for a period of 12 months; and for 4G devices, with R29, 00 every 30 days, for a period of 12 months, to redeem the free data bundle (the “Data Bundle”). The Data Bundle is determined by the Qualifying Device, as per the below table.
– In addition to the Data Bundle, 4G devices qualify for an additional allocation of 1GB YouTube data for the first three (3) months of purchasing a Qualifying 4G Device, valid only for 7 days during each month.
Qualifying Vodacom customers will be eligible to qualify for the following benefit when participating in the Promotion:
a) A Data Bundle is valid for 7 (seven) days from up to 72 (seventy-two) hours from the date of activation (there are recharge criteria);
b) The Data Bundle has a 12-month recurring cycle, i.e. customers will receive their data allocation once every month (to use the data for seven (7) days) and they will receive monthly allocations for twelve (12) months provided that a Qualifying Vodacom Customer meets the recharge criteria, as set out in paragraph 3 above;
c) The Data Bundle has a 12-month recurring cycle, i.e. customers will receive their data allocation once every month (to use the data for seven (7) days) and they will receive monthly allocations for twelve (12) months.
d) The Data Bundle size is dependent on the Qualifying Device;
e) Qualifying Vodacom customers need to opt into the Campaign on a monthly basis via USSD string *123*333# to retrieve the Data Bundle;
f) Customer journey:
Step 1 – Customer purchases participating device and inserts Vodacom SIM card.
Step 2 – Welcome SMS which notifies customers they are part of the promotion and should opt into a promotion with USSD details to claim the incentive.
Step 3 – Customer recharges with monthly criteria to qualify for the incentive.
Step 4 – SMS sent to the customer with USSD details to claim the incentive.
Step 5 – Customer dials USSD string *135*333# to opt into the promotion.
Step 6 – Incentive is allocated to the customer.
Below are the Qualifying Devices, validity periods, and data bundle sizes applicable to each particular Qualifying Device:
|Data allocation||Device Technology|
|HTC Wildfire E-Lite||500MB||4G|
|Vodacom Vibe 3G 2.8″ Network Locked||150MB||3G|
|Vodacom Vibe 4G Network Locked||150MB||4G|
|Vodacom Smart Kicka 4 VE 16GB(Network Locked)||250MB||3G|
|Vodacom Kicka 4 Plus Network Locked||250MB||3G|
|Mobicel Glo Network Locked||250MB||3G|
|Tecno Pop 2 Mini Midnight Black NL||250MB||3G|
|Vodacom Aspire 5 LTE Network Locked + PowerBank||500MB||4G|
|Hisense U605 Gold Network Locked||400MB||3G|
|Vodacom Kicka 5 Network Locked||500MB||3G|
|Alcatel 1 Network Locked||500MB||4G|
|Tecno POP 2 Air Gold Bronze Network Locked||500MB||3G|
|Tecno Pop 2 X Air LTE Network Locked||500MB||4G|
|Mobicel Geo Network Locked (5.45″/LTE)||600MB||4G|
|Mobicel Ruby 5.45 Network Locked||600MB||3G|
|Hisense U962 Blue||650MB||3G|
|Mobicel Beam 5″ Network Locked||500MB||3G|
|Mobicel Beam MM Gold 5″||500MB||3G|
|Mobicel Ruby 5.45″ MM Unlocked||600MB||3G|
|Hisense Infinity E6 16GB Blue||700MB||4G|
|Hisense E6 Blue 16GB Network Locked||700MB||4G|
|Alcatel 1T 7 3G 16GB (Network Locked)||650MB||3G|
|Tecno Pop 2 X Aurora Blue LTE Network Locked||650MB||4G|
|Hisense U40 Titanium||700MB||4G|
|Lenovo E7 Android Tablet||1GB||3G|
|HISENSE INFINITY E9 BLACK||1GB||4G|
|TECNO SPARK 4 Air||1GB||4G|
|Samsung Galaxy A2 Core||1GB||4G|
|Samsung Galaxy A2 Core 8GB MM||1GB||4G|
|Hisense Infinity E30 Lite Nebula Blue||1GB||4G|
|Hisense Infinity E30Lite||1GB||4G|
|Huawei Y5 Lite||1GB||4G|
|ALCATEL 3T 8″ 4G Tablet Metalic Black Standalone||1.5GB||4G|
|Alcatel 3T 8″ 4G Tablet (plus bumper case)||1.5GB||4G|
|Samsung Galaxy-A3 Core 16GB||1.5GB||4G|
|Hisense E40 Lite Green||1.5GB||4G|
|Huawei Y5p MM (AG)||1.5GB||4G|
|Nokia 1.3 MM||1.5GB||4G|
|Tecno Spark 4||1.5GB||
The Data Bundle offer will only be activated if the qualifying Vodacom customer exclusively uses the new or existing Vodacom Prepaid MSISDN (phone number) on the Qualifying Device purchased at a Participating Store.
Data may not be transferred, furthermore, data may not roll over into the next month.
Data allocated does not apply to data roaming.
Data allocated will not carry a separate out of bundle rate and the standard out-of-bundle rate specific to the customer’s prepaid price plan will apply for any out-of-bundle usage. Customers will receive an SMS notification once their data bundle is allocated.
5. This Promotion is only valid in Participating Stores during the Promotional Period.
6. The duration of the Promotion may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
7. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Promotion and/or the Terms and Conditions thereof, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Promotion, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from participation in the Promotion.
9. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Promotion or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Promotion being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event, all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
10. All information relating to the Promotion which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
11. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the standard Vodacom standard T&Cs.