Retail Smartphone Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. The Vodacom Smartphone Campaign 2017 retail device promotion (the “Promotion”) will run from 01 July 2017 until 31 March 2018 (both days inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
2. Only new Vodacom prepaid customers (excluding Community Service and IN SIGI customers) can participate in the promotion.
a. Post-paid, Hybrid/Top-Up, both new and existing, as well as existing prepaid customers are excluded from this promotion.
3. Qualifying customers will need to purchase a new, qualifying smartphone from a Vodacom Franchise or National Chain store, together with a new Vodacom Prepaid SIM card.
a. A qualifying smartphone is defined as a mobile phone that performs many of the functions of a computer, typically having a touchscreen interface, Internet access, and an operating system capable of running downloaded applications.
4. A qualifying customer (new prepaid), as set out in clause 2 above, with a qualifying smartphone (new) and new Vodacom Prepaid SIM card, as set out in clause 3 above, will need to recharge with R12or more within 7 (seven) days of purchasing a qualifying smartphone, in order to qualify for the 1GB (one gigabyte) data reward.
a. The R12 recharge criteria can, however, be achieved from cumulative recharges during the required 7 (seven) day period.
5. The 1GB(onegigabyte) data reward will be linked to the new Vodacom Prepaid SIM card (refer clause 3 above) and will be valid for 7 (seven) days, and will only be activated if the new Vodacom Prepaid SIM card is inserted into the qualifying smartphone purchased at participating Vodacom Franchise or participating retailers (refer clause 2 above).
6. This 1GB(one gigabyte)data reward will be allocated once-off, and is available for use within a specified validity period of 7 (seven) days from date of activation.
7. Allocation may take up to 72 (seventy two) hours from activation.
8. Data rewards may not be transferred.
9. Data rewards allocated does not apply to data roaming.
10. Data rewards allocated will not carry with it a separate out-of-bundle rate and the standard out-of-bundle rate specific to the customer’s prepaid price plan will apply for any out-of-bundle usage.
11. The Promotion is only valid in selected Vodacom Franchise stores and participating retail outlets during the Promotion Period.
12. The duration of the Promotion may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
13. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Promotion and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Employees, directors, agents, contractors and consultants of Vodacom and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, associates, or business partners and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Promotion, are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
15. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Promotion, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from participation in the Promotion.
16. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Promotion or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Promotion being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
17. All information relating to the Promotion which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.